We invite you to submit a paper proposal that fits one of the following thematic tracks. Research on policy-relevant topics that may be examined at the conference are indicated below (but are not limited to). The papers that will be selected, will be presented by the authors in the parallel sessions of the Conference.
A. Industrial transition in times of recovery (organised by the EC-JRC)
- Sustainable technology product space (relevant activities beyond green patents, innovative FDI, value chain)
- Corporate strategies and investment for the twin transition
- Different dynamics by industrial sectors in the Green and Digital transitions
- Enhance competitiveness and innovation under the perspective of complexity
- New methods to support major industrial transitions towards employment-intensive economic growth.
- Framework conditions and policy instruments to steer industrial transitions.
- EU priorities and the opportunities for industrial R&D and innovation.
- Firms’ R&I for productivity and sustainability
- New policies in practice: specific policy measures to foster recovery & sustainable competitiveness through industrial R&D and innovation
- New data and methods for monitoring, anticipating, and analysing corporate R&D and innovation
- New European Value chains linking the EU directionality with local entrepreneurship
- The territorial capacity to reinforce innovation for sustainability directionality positioning industry and entrepreneurs in the emerging global markets.
B. Industrial Innovation for sustainable transformations (organised by the OECD & EC-JRC)
- Industrial sustainability and the role of gender
- New skills / jobs for a sustainable and knowledge-intensive industries
- Green Deal and sustainable finance for technology-based firms
- The EU industry undertakings to deal with Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Innovative green SMEs: start-up, survival and growth
- R&D investment for green and digital transformations and technological leadership
- Taxonomy on sustainable business activities
- Corporate innovation as driver of green and digital transformations
- Policy instruments to steer sustainable transformations.
C. Industrial strategy in a post pandemic world: Focus on developing countries (organised by UNIDO & the EC-JRC)
- Fostering digitalization and the transition towards Industry 4.0
- The greening of the industry and the economy
- Fostering the bio-economy.
Submission of extended abstracts
Original research work containing robust quantitative and/or qualitative evidence in the form of extended abstracts may be submitted. JRC welcomes submissions by scholars who are members of under-represented groups. Original research on the topics of the conference and aimed at bridging micro and macro domains is especially welcome.
The maximum accepted length of the extended abstract is 2000 words. Please. A link to the online submission form for the extended abstracts will be uploaded in the following days.
Note that the authors of the accepted long abstracts will be required to send the full paper by the date indicated below.
- Opening of submissions for extended abstracts: 30 April 2021
- Closing of submissions for extended abstracts: 30 June 2021
- Announcement of selected extended abstracts: 26 July 2021
- Authors' provision of full papers: 25 October 2021
- Conference: 22-25 November 2021.
Registration to the conference will open on the 1st of September 2021 on the CONCORDi website.
There will be no conference registration fee.
For more information, please visit http://iri.jrc.ec.europa.eu/concord/2021/index.html
Best Paper Awards
The Scientific Committee will select and award the best scientific paper of CONCORDi 2021