The workshop discussed the state of the art of research in intangible assets for policy making from two possible approaches: the industrial and the territorial perspective. The key issues tackled by the academics and, policymakers focussed on the following questions:
- What is the general relevance of intangible assets in the economy and their relation to tangibles?
- What are the main national and financial accounting challenges for intangible assets?
- Which differences across sectors and countries can be observed?
- How does the anticipated shift to the intangible-based economy challenge policymaking?
- What is the role of policy to support the upgrade of EU industry towards the intangible-based economy?