European Commission, Joint Research Centre – Directorate for Growth and Innovation
in collaboration with
Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation
6th European Conference on Corporate R&D and Innovation
Innovation and Industrial Dynamics: Challenges for the next decade
On occasion of its tenth anniversary, CONCORDi 2017 aims to present and discuss both theoretical and empirical contributions relevant to corporate R&D, innovation and technological advancement.
Corporate R&D, innovation and technological development are crucial drivers for the dynamics of industry, competitiveness, job creation and welfare, and to guarantee the achievement of a sustainable territorial development in the EU.
A key objective of this Conference is to identify the research, business and policy challenges in this area for the decade to come, and to provide guidance to the EU industrial research and innovation policy agenda.
CONCORDi 2017 will discuss issues related to the economics and policy of corporate R&D and innovation, such as:
- Employment, productivity and growth effects of firms' investment in Research, Development and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship and firms demographics in knowledge intensive activities, and the impact on industrial composition
- Industrial modernisation (advanced manufacturing, digitalisation of production, etc.) and its dynamics
- Current technological frontiers (e.g. "big data" and new analytical techniques such as artificial intelligence) and next generation of technological discoveries (identification, effects and policy issues)
- Geography of industrial innovation and territorial development: challenges and opportunities in the EU
- Knowledge flows and collaboration between companies and other actors of innovation ecosystems at different territorial levels
- R&D and innovation activities in global value chains.
The Conference will be structured in plenary sessions (with interventions by invited speakers and round-table panellists), parallel sessions (with presenters selected following the call for papers) and posters sessions.
There will be no conference registration fee.